When it comes to doing the right search engine optimization, it is also equally important to track your SEO results with some important tracking tools and some related SEO tracking knowledge. Once you have known the basic SEO and knew hot to effectively implement the right search engine optimization to your website, you also have to know how to properly track these SEO efforts.
It is almost impossible to track SEO results when you do not know exactly the terms related to it and how to understand the SEO tracking process. Besides tracking your web SEO campaign with proper knowledge, you can also be able to track your ADwords as well as non-Adwords campaigns such as banner advertising and the likes.
Tagging helps a lot when it comes to tracking ads. You can place tags on your ads automatically or manually. If you have Adwords, you do no need to tag your links. You can easily opt for Adwords A/C in their auto tagging option. But if you have non Adwords campaign, you should be able to manually input your tags to your links to track the ads well.
You also have to understand the power and importance of tracking your traffic n your website. The most popular tool these days when it comes to traffic tracking is using the Google Analytics. This is a free traffic tool from Google that does well when it comes to traffic data and tracking. But if you are a newbie when it comes to tracking traffic on Google Analytics, you have to understand and know some important terms:
1. visitor tracking- shows visitor-related data like the number of visits, unique visits, page views data, average page views, time spent on the website, the number of bounce rate, visitor loyalty, the depth of visit, OS of users, and so on.
These data are groups together for easy viewing and reference.
2. traffic source- this data shows which source are used when people found your site. You can easily browse data here by search engine traffic, direct traffic, referring traffic, and others.
3. content- contains the pages where visitors spent reading or surfing your website. This also shows you the landing pages, top visitors pages, site navigation, and so on.
4. event tracking- it tracks objects on your site like flash videos, java, music player and so on.
5. goals- are simply leads information that shows how many leads your website actually got from search engine, a specific site or section or from a certain traffic source.
These are just the top five features of Google analytics, still there is a lot of information Google Analytics can show you.
It is important to browse Google analytics personally and sees how it actually works and gives data about the traffic of your website. A keen understanding and knowledge on how to track traffic and SEO campaign can help you develop effective SEO strategies in the future. Good luck!